Pages

Friday 25 November 2011

Importing a used Skoda from the UK? They're going real cheap

Importing a used Skoda from the UK? They're going real cheap

Hi,

I am planning to buy a used mid segment car. I ended up on couple of websites that had Skoda Octavia`s for sale and that to in the range of 2.3 to 3 lacs. I called up the seller and fixed up a meating for today.Then late night researching, I landed on the Skoda Horror stories thing and it really scared the hell out of me. I immediately cancelled the decision to buy the Skoda and cancelled today's meeting.

Some how in my mind I am stuck to the feeling of owning a Skoda or a good mid segment car. I landed up on ebay international website and had a look at what is available there.Surprisingly there are some throw away deals in cars too :Cheering: but again the import thing comes into play as everyone says.

Check this
skoda octavia | eBay

Now checking out the prices these cars are offered at they are too tempting. I have herd that the import duty on used imported cars is 130 % and that of new cars is 105 % . Does the government charge import duty on Book value of car or Bought out price of car ?

Note: The top list Skodas are priced at under Rs40000 @ 80=1 UK pound.
The weight of the car itself if around 1000 kg and if the car is scrapped at Rs 20 per Kg, it will fetch the owner Rs 20000/- . If parts of the car are sold separately it will fetch even more than the price they are willing to sell it for.

Are these fake listings ? Or is the developed country market too saturated and cars are as good as dump there ?

No comments:

Post a Comment