Pages

Saturday 26 November 2011

Heavy vibration on steering wheel in low idle condition

Heavy vibration on steering wheel in low idle condition

Hello guys, I needed some advice to rectify a problem in my Zen that i've been experiencing for 3 months now.

The problem is, when i crank the engine and leave it in idle condition, i experience a heavy vibration on my steering wheel, it becomes periodically intense and i suspect its something got to do with the engine rpm, because when i rev up the engine, all the vibrations disappear. I think the problem could be solved if i were to change engine mounts or is there anything in the steering assembly that needs to be changed (bearings, mounts etc.)

Mine is a 2000 model Zen Vxi. It has run over 1 lakh km. Currently its at my home town and I intend to bring it to Chennai next month. Kindly pour in your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment