Pages

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Buying but Registering a vehicle in different states

Buying but Registering a vehicle in different states

I searched a lot on the forum but I was not able to find a dedicated thread. Can someone please share their experiences in buying a car in one state and registering it another state to save on the life tax.

I am interested in knowing more about registering in an union territory like Pondicherry. The reason is that Pondicherry RTO charges a flat Rs 55,000 life time tax for vehicles above Rs 20 lakh and Rs 15,000 lime time tax for Vehicles below Rs 20 Laks.

I hold a valid residence in Pondicherry but I have booked a Skoda Rapid but Skoda does not have a dealer in Pondy.

@Mods: Please move this to the right category if required. Thanks a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment